Inspiring life-long learning in all students.
Please take a moment to read this plea for your safe driving, awareness and cooperation in the parking lot. There is a lot to manage, but it can be done quite effectively if there is cooperation by parents, students and staff.
- DO NOT TALK ON CELL PHONES while you are stopped in the circle drive or driving in the lot. Cell phones can be a distraction. NO phone call can be more important than the safety of our students. If you have to make a phone call, please park in a parking spot.
- KEEP YOUR EYES FORWARD while you are driving in the parking lot. Parking lot attendants consistently observe parents driving while they are looking out a side window for their child or talking to others outside of the car.
- PULL FORWARD AS FAR AS POSSIBLE IN THE CIRCLE DRIVE when dropping off or picking up grade school children. DO NOT STOP IN FRONT OF THE SIDEWALK to drop off your child, as it blocks the flow of traffic and causing a dangerous situation.
- CONTINUE TO MOVE UP while waiting in the circle drive if a car ahead of you leaves or moves forward.
- CROSS ONLY AT THE CROSSWALK (marked by traffic cones) when crossing from the parking lot to the building.
- RESPECT AND OBEY THE DIRECTION AND JUDGEMENT OF PARKING LOT ATTENDANTS. It is a huge responsibility to manage so many vehicles and children. Their sole job is to keep everyone safe. If they ask you to park or drive around the circle, there is a reason.
- REFRAIN FROM ENGAGING PARKING LOT ATTENDANTS IN CONVERSATION WHEN THEY ARE ON SAFETY DUTY.
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR PARKED IN THE CIRCLE DRIVE for any reason during any part of the day. This is our fire lane. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
- DO NOT EXIT YOUR CAR IN THE CIRCLE DRIVE FOR ANY REASON.
- DURING PICK UP, DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO EXIT THE CAR IN THE CIRCLE DRIVE FOR ANY REASON. Once the attendant sees that students are safely inside vehicles, they are no longer watching out for their safety.
- IF YOU OR YOUR GRADES STUDENT NEEDS TO GO BACK INTO THE BUILDING, PARK IN A PARKING SPOT. The circle drive is meant as a temporary spot while waiting for dismissal. Cars waiting in the circle drive for an extended amount of time impede flow and cause a dangerous backup situation on Bonner Road.
- DO NOT LINGER OR ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO PLAY IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING during pick-up or drop-off, as it poses a safety hazard.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD STUDENTS SHOULD WALK HAND-IN-HAND WITH PARENTS AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE PARKING LOT.
Teachers will try their very best to release Grades students by 3:25. They will also be in the hallways helping children who tend to linger at dismissal time.