Inspiring life-long learning in all students.
Serrv Fundraiser Kickoff
For the 2017-2018 catalog fundraiser, we are excited to offer the amazing variety of fair trade products available from our partner Serrv! Serrv is a nonprofit, fair trade organization dedicated to lifting disadvantaged artisans, farmers, and their families out of poverty. They offer a wide array of unique, handcrafted products, apparel, chocolates, oils, spices and organic coffee, across many price points. Our school makes an excellent percentage on every product we sell. With so many choices, it will make easy work of your holiday shopping list.
With Servv, you make a difference for the people producing the items AND for our school…all simply by offering these items to your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers!
You will receive an order form in your parent mailbox (EC) or your child's take-home folder (Grades).
- Order forms are due Monday, November 27, 2017.
- Products delivered by December 15.
- Make checks payable to Da Vinci Waldorf School
All funds raised will support the school’s Operating Budget, which includes:
- Current and future programming/curriculum
- Maintenance and care of our building and grounds
Thank you for your support!
Melissa Smith (email@example.com)
Christine Grafft (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Serrv is a nonprofit organization creating meaningful, long-term connections with disadvantaged artisans and farmers worldwide.
- We have been dedicated to lifting artisans and farmers out of poverty since 1949. As a leader and pioneer of the fair trade movement in the U.S. and globally, Serrv and our supporters have touched thousands of lives through our long-term relationships and decades of experience.
- You’ll find a personal story behind every item we offer, for example:
- empowered artisans and farmers who can support their families through fair payments
- safe and enjoyable working conditions, including in countries like Bangladesh
- more children attending elementary school and eating nutritious meals
- basic community health care, eye exams and dental check ups that otherwise are not available
- more girls staying in school, and women learning numeracy and literacy
- local investments in caring for the environment
- The values of fair trade are central in everything we do. Fair trade means that we participate in a system that creates long-term, direct relationships based on dialogue, transparency, honesty, and respect.
- We develop and fund targeted social programs and skills training, offer interest-free prepayments for orders when needed, and provide grants so artisans can expand their businesses.
- We believe that breaking the cycle of poverty builds stronger societies, economies, and peace. Together, we can build a more sustainable world.
Our Artisan and Farmer Partners:
Serrv currently works directly with 62 community groups in 26 countries.
You can find more information about all of our partners as well as printable features about groups and individual artisans atserrv.org/ArtisanStories
Join our global community! Learn more at serrv.org