Inspiring Life-long Learning for 25 Years
If you plan to participate in our Giving Circle fundraising initiative this year, please consider preparing in advance to participate via a Facebook Fundraiser, which offers us the opportunity to double our gifts!
Like last year, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will match donations made to non-profit organizations through "Facebook Fundraisers" on Giving Tuesday. Last year we were fortunate enough to receive $2500 in matching funds! This is a HUGE opportunity for our small school to maximize our giving dollars. All we need to do is prepare and be ready to donate at exactly 7:00 AM CST on Tuesday morning, November 28th!
STEP #1: We need as many people as possible to set up a Facebook Fundraiser in advance, benefiting Da Vinci Waldorf School. Note: Only the first $1000 of each "Facebook Fundraiser" will be matched, so it is best to make your "Facebook Fundraiser" for only $1000, and to close it as soon as it has reached $1000 in donations. Last year a single individual was able to set up multiple fundraisers for $1000 each, and they were matched without issue. The $1000 maximum does not appear to be per individual. "Facebook Fundraisers" CAN be set up in advance of the matching period. HOW TO SET UP A FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER
STEP #2: We need to link and share our "Facebook Fundraisers," so that we can coordinate giving. If you are not already a member of the private Facebook Group "Da Vinci Waldorf Gathering Place," please join. Once you have created a "Facebook Fundraiser," share it to this group. To be safe, donate via a "Facebook Fundraiser" other than your own.
STEP #3: MOST IMPORTANT: Donate early and quickly on Tuesday Morning, November 28th. Set your alarms! Time is of the essence! Visit "Da Vinci Waldorf Gathering Place," choose a "Facebook Fundraiser" and donate as close to 7:00AM CST as possible to guarantee your gift will be doubled. Once the $2 million fund is gone, no more matching will be available. Last year the funds ran out before 9:30AM, even with no advance warning. Unfortunately, you will not have time to drop your children at school and donate afterward if you want your gift to be doubled. To maximize matching funds, make sure not to donate to a "Facebook Fundraiser" that has already reached $1000 in donations, or cause it to exceed $1000. Elisa Kraus will moderate the group and "hide" fundraisers once they are full, to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
If you have ANY questions at all about the Giving Circle, Giving Tuesday, gift matching, Facebook, or anything else, or have ideas or suggestions for improving the process, don't hesitate to email Elisa Kraus.
- There is a $50,000 maximum matching gift per non-profit organization. Imagine what we could do if we managed to double $50,000 for our school!
- There is a $1000 maximum matching gift per "Facebook Fundraiser."
- Gifts made AFTER 7:00 AM CST on Tuesday, November 28th will be matched UNTIL the $2 million fund is spent.
- Gifts made during this period will have all fees waived. 100% of your donation will go to the school.
Our organization and Facebook Page are registered and pre-qualified as a valid non-profit and is ready to receive donations via "Facebook Fundraisers."
Thank you to any and all who are able to participate for the benefit of our school and our children!
Below you will find all details, requirements and fine print, as posted on Facebook's site:
- Partner with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to match up to $2 million in donations that are made on Facebook to eligible U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
- Waive all fees on donations that are made to eligible U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofits on Facebook from 12:00 AM EST on November 28, 2017 to 11:59 PM HST on November 28, 2017.
- Match up to a total of £200,000 in donations that are made on Facebook to nonprofits based in the United Kingdom. (There are currently no fees on donations that are made to U.K. nonprofits on Facebook.)
- The donation must be made through a fundraiser for a nonprofit, a donate button on a post, a donate button on a Page or a donate button on a live video. Nonprofit organizations must collect donations on Facebook. Donate buttons that redirect donors to third-party sites aren't eligible to receive the fee waive or match.
- The donation must be made to an eligible U.S. nonprofit on Facebook after 8:00 AM EST on November 28, 2017 or to an eligible U.K. nonprofit after 12:00 AM GMT on November 28, 2017. For fundraisers and donate buttons set up before Giving Tuesday, only the donations received on Giving Tuesday during the specified times qualify for the match and fee waiver. Donations that are made anonymously qualify for the match.
- The donation must be made before the total match limit is reached. For all U.S. nonprofits, the match limit is $2 million and for all U.K. nonprofits, the match limit is £200,000.
- The donation must be made before the fundraiser or nonprofit match limit has been reached. For U.S. nonprofits, the match limit is $50,000 per nonprofit and $1000 per fundraiser or donate button. For U.K. nonprofits, the match limit is £10,000 per nonprofit and £400 per fundraiser or donate button.
- Fundraiser creators will see a banner on their fundraiser page after #GivingTuesday indicating the amount they received in matched funds.
- All nonprofits that are registered with Facebook Payments receive an email from Facebook.
- Nonprofits that are registered with Facebook Payments see a banner in their Donation Settings. To get to the Donation Settings, click Settings in the top right of its Facebook Page and then select Donations in the right menu.
- Nonprofits that aren't registered with Facebook Payments can fill out this form to see if they raised any funds or qualified for any matching funds. It may take 3 days to receive a response.
- U.S.-based nonprofits connected to Facebook Payments are mailed a check from the Network for Good within 75 days to the address listed in GuideStar.
- U.S.-based nonprofits that receive Facebook donations through Network for Good's Donor Advised Fund will be mailed a check that includes Giving Tuesday matching funds and any other donations collected on Facebook in November within 75 days to the address listed in GuideStar.
- U.S.-based nonprofits that have registered for a free account with Network for Good and have signed up for electronic funds transfer will receive their matching funds and donations via electronic payment within 75 days.
- U.K.-based nonprofits are paid by Facebook Payments International Ltd., a regulated payment services provider, according to the standard payout schedule for nonprofits registered with Facebook Payments. The payout is sent within 75 days to the bank account connected to the nonprofit's Facebook Payments.
- U.S.-based nonprofits connected to Facebook Payments can access their donation records through their Page's publishing tools.
- U.S.-based nonprofits that receive Facebook donations through Network for Good’s Donor Advised Fund will be able to see donation transaction and match amounts in the check that is sent to them or by logging into their free Network for Good account. For more questions, please go to: www.networkforgood.com/check. Please note that nonprofits won't be able to see donor personal information. If nonprofits would like to see donor information for future donations, sign up for Facebook Payments.