Inspiring Life-long Learning for 25 Years
The Co-Administrator reports to the Board of Trustees and oversees the administrative and business operations of the school, ensuring that the school adheres to and pursues its stated mission, complies with all applicable laws and regulations, appropriately manages risk, and implements strategies and policies set by the Board of Trustees. The Co-Administrator provides leadership to the school as a whole, supervising and guiding the work of all administrative staff and committees, ensuring adequate communication among all School constituencies, as well as the broader community, and supporting the
faculty in its pedagogical work with the students.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Be well organized and able to balance a large number of tasks
● Bring projects to completion
● Supervise others in a professional and collegial manner
● Delegate responsibility appropriately
● Identify areas where policy or program development is needed, and work collaboratively with appropriate individuals to bring plans to fruition
● Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize, and present data effectively
● Ability to be an enthusiastic and articulate spokesperson for Da Vinci Waldorf School
● Ability to maintain strict confidentiality where necessary
● Be flexible and willing to do what is necessary to ensure the school operates effectively and efficiently
● Proficiency with computer systems and standard software systems, such as word processing, spreadsheets, email, Etc.
● Maintain an open flow of communication with all constituencies in the school and work closely with the Co-Administrator
● Responsible for working with co-administrator to effectively managing parent issues and complaints with DVWS and directing parents to the appropriate individual or body
● Serve as contact person for other schools and organizations
● Participate in Finance Committee
● Participate as a member of the School Executive Committee, attend full faculty meetings, and present verbal reports to faculty
● Along with Board, oversee the implementation of School’s strategic goals
● Develop/update school policies and procedures
● Produce standard and ad hoc reports for Faculty and Finance Committee
● Oversee all HR and personnel aspects including recruiting, onboarding, termination, benefits administration, staff training, professional development, compensation structure and employee relations
Responsible for handling all steps of the financial aid process including following up with families, past due accounts, etc.
● Collaborate with School Executive Committee to develop and maintain curriculum standards and set performance goals and objectives for all teaching staff.
● Oversee marketing and development efforts.
● Oversee all bookkeeping efforts including entering payroll, making deposits and working with outside bookkeeping agency.
During the Posted School Year (35-36 weeks): Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Some evening and/or weekend events during the school year (committee meetings, school tours and marketing, festivals, etc.) will be required.
One week before and after the school year for meetings, collaborative work and preparation.
In-Service opportunities as scheduled
Flexible summer hours to support Summer Camps, Enrollment activities, Planning and Prep Hours (during June, July and August).
Compensation and Benefits:
The Administrator is a Full-Time EXEMPT employee.
100% tuition remission
5 weeks of paid holidays based on the school calendar.
Annual training and enrichment benefit based on budget allocations.
PTO hours accrued (40 hours = full time).
Workers Compensation, Social Security, unemployment insurance benefits per the State of Illinois
Send resume, application, and cover letter to: Laine Ambrose at email@example.com and Morgan Branson at firstname.lastname@example.org.