Inspiring life-long learning in all students.
The Administrator reports to the Board of Trustees and oversees the administrative and business operations of the school, ensuring that the school adheres to and pursues its stated mission, complies with all applicable laws and regulations, appropriately manages risk, and implements strategies and policies set by the Board of Trustees. The Administrator provides leadership to the school as a whole, supervising and guiding the work of all administrative staff and committees, ensuring adequate communication among all School constituencies, as well as the broader community, and supporting the faculty in its pedagogical work with the students.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree at a minimum, Master’s Degree a plus
- Experience in an educational or non-profit setting
- Familiarity with Waldorf principles and practices preferred
- Well organized and able to balance a large number of tasks
- Ability to bring projects to completion
- Supervise others in a professional and collegial manner
- Delegate responsibility appropriately
- Identify areas where policy or program development is needed, and work collaboratively with appropriate individuals to bring plans to fruition
- Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize, and present data effectively
- Ability to be an enthusiastic and articulate spokesperson for Da Vinci Waldorf School
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality where necessary
- Flexible and willing to do what is necessary to ensure the school operates effectively and efficiently
- Proficiency with GoogleSuite applications (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Slides, Google Classroom, GoogleMeet, gmail etc) and other online platforms
- Maintain an open flow of communication with all constituencies in the school
- Responsible for effectively managing parent issues and complaints with DVWS and directing parents to the appropriate individual or body
- Serve as contact person for other schools and organizations
- Participate in Board committees as needed
- Participate as a member of the School Executive Committee, attend faculty meetings, and present verbal and written reports to faculty
- Participate as a member of the Board of Trustees and present reports for scheduled meetings
- Along with the Board, oversee the implementation of School’s strategic goals
- Develop/update school policies and procedures
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the school operation. This includes direct supervision of all administrative staff and general management of all teaching staff
- Oversee physical plant to ensure a safe and aesthetically pleasing school environment and adherence to all local, state and federal guidelines
- Produce standard and ad hoc reports for the Board of Trustees, Faculty and Finance Committee
- Oversee all HR and personnel aspects including recruiting, onboarding, termination, benefits administration, staff training, professional development, compensation structure and employee relations
- Collaborate with School Executive Committee to develop and maintain curriculum standards and set performance goals and objectives for all teaching staff
- Oversee enrollment, retention and marketing efforts
- During the Posted School Year (35-36 weeks): Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Some evening and/or weekend events during the school year (committee meetings, school tours and marketing, festivals, etc.) will be required.
- One week before and after the school year for meetings, collaborative work and preparation.
- In-Service opportunities as scheduled
- Flexible summer hours to support Summer Camps, Enrollment activities, Planning and Prep Hours (during June, July and August).
Compensation and Benefits:
- The Administrator is a Full-Time EXEMPT employee.
- Tuition remission for all legal children per the current employment policy.
- 5 weeks of paid holidays based on the school calendar.
- Annual training and enrichment benefit based on budget allocations.
- PTO hours accrued (40 hours = full time).
- Workers Compensation, Social Security, unemployment insurance benefits per the State of Illinois
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com.