Inspiring Life-long Learning for 25 Years
Website Da Vinci Waldorf School
Independent Private School in Lake County, IL
The board treasurer is an executive and voting member of the board of directors of the Da Vinci Waldorf School and appointed in a manner consistent with the bylaws. He/she is accountable to the Board of Trustees for the fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities outlined below
Term of Office
Three years with the possibility of renewal for a second term.
Roles and Responsibilities
The treasurer will offer guidance to the Administrator and bookkeeper in ensuring good fiscal planning, decision-making and oversight at a governance level.
His/her principal duties are to:
- Oversee the development of high level financial policies and their review by the board
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and its presentation to the board for review
- Ensure that the appropriate monthly or quarterly financial statements are reviewed by the Finance Committee
- Ensure that the board regularly monitors the organization’s financial performance and alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and actual figures
- Ensure that the organization maintains the appropriate financial books and records and that these are accurate and up-to-date
- Ensure that government tax filings and remittances are submitted on a timely basis
- Serve as a co-signer of cheques with at least one another signing officer
- Ensure that excess funds and reserves are properly held and invested
- Verify that donations are handled appropriately and that grants and service delivery contracts are accounted for in accordance with the requirements of funders
- Review the annual audit feedback and present it to the Board in a timely manner.
- Recommend to the board the need for a review or renewal of the auditing services provided
- Assist the Administrator and board chair with the development and presentation of the annual report
- Helps, along with the Administrator, to keep the board informed of important financial events, trends, and issues relevant to the organization
The treasurer is automatically a member of the Executive Committee, and will normally chair the following committee meetings when and where such are necessary:
- FiCom (Finance Committee)
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and strategic directions
- An understanding of, and experience with, good financial management and reporting practices
- An appreciation of the kind and level of financial information needed at a board level to support decision making
- An ability to commit the time required to fulfill the responsibilities described
Five to ten hours per month (board meetings, meetings with the Administrator, Executive Committee and FiCom meetings)
The treasurer, as other board members, has no authority to direct staff or take independent action on matters outside of the duties outlined unless given such authority by the Board.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com