This year’s yearbook will be a true community effort, and it’s already underway. Parents and teachers are invited to contribute and assist as much or as little as you like.
Upload & Share Photos! Here’s how.
Anyone can contribute photos to be used in the yearbook, and all are welcome. You can upload your photos from your computer, Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Be sure to choose “Yes – I want to share” during the process if you would like editors to have access to your photos for use in the yearbook. Thanks!
Tag Photos Here’s how.
Tagging photos with student names helps us to make sure everyone is represented in the book, and helps editors find individuals within the hundreds of available photos, making editing easier. If you have time to tag our community’s shared photos, you’re welcome to help. Thanks!
Join the team of Yearbook Volunteers
If you are interested in helping with the yearbook design, we could use one or two more helpers. Just email Elisa Kraus to get started.
TreeRing.com is offering an October discount of 10% off. (Note: The $6.95 upgrade for hardcover is not discounted.)
- $20.00 glossy softcover
- $26.95 hard cover
Ordering early is encouraged!
- Custom Pages: Create, edit and set to “Print Ready” by April 15th.
- Order your Yearbook by April 15th.
- New this year: All ordering and payment will be done online directly from TreeRing.com. There will be no paper forms or money to turn in at the school office.
- Note: Our school roster is already uploaded to the site, so using the same email address that you use for school communications will make for an easier sign-up process.
- If you have already ordered a standard yearbook, but are interested in custom pages, follow the instructions for creating an account. Email Elisa Kraus if you have any trouble.
Order & Create an Account here. If you will be creating custom pages, an account is required to get started.
Order a standard book here (no custom pages). You can always change your mind and add custom pages later.
Custom Pages Here’s how.
New this year for DVWS: Each yearbook comes with two, free customizable pages. Creating custom pages is fun, easy, and completely optional. Your child will love having extra photos of their favorite memories printed in their yearbook. All you have to do is log into your account from a desktop computer at any time between now and April 15th and upload some of your favorite photos and memories. There’s no checkout process for these pages, no extra fees, and no catch. They’re yours for free! These personalized pages are completely optional, so don’t worry—if you take no action, you will receive the standard yearbook.
- The yearbook will be designed by a team of volunteers throughout the school year.
- Yearbooks will be 8.5″ x 11″ and contain approximately 60 pages.
- Both Grades and Early Childhood classes will be included, with class photos and individual portraits.
- There will be faculty photos and many extras, as well.
- We use TreeRing.com to design our yearbooks online.
- All yearbooks will be shipped to the school (bulk shipping to school is free).
- Yearbooks are guaranteed to arrive by Tuesday, May 21st, in time for the last week of Early Childhood classes.
- Grades Students will receive their books directly on the final day of school—Friday, May 31st. We have an annual tradition of handing them out at snack recess on our last day. The kids love signing each other’s books!
- Early Childhood students’ books will be delivered to parent mailboxes.
There are many reasons we use TreeRing.com for our Yearbook and have done so since 2015. One reason stands out—the company values line up well with our values. TreeRing’s environmental roots go deeper than their name. They have a strong commitment to the environment and to protecting the planet that our children will inherit. In addition to printing all books on recycled paper and eliminating unnecessary waste, they plant a tree for every yearbook purchased. TreeRing.com has planted 217 trees on behalf of Da Vinci Waldorf School since 2015. TreeRing.com has planted 2,471,879 trees so far, and counting.
Elisa Kraus, Stephanie Santos Gray, Andy Ecklund, Melanie Boehmer