The DVWS Community Gear Swap is canceled. We will not hold the event on the rain date (Monday), either, since there are so few RSVPs.
If there is enough interest, we will have a swap during the summer. Thank you!
We are going to gather together as a community for a GEAR SWAP.
This is an opportunity for our families to exchange specialty gear and save (or make) some cash. You can swap your gear or sell it – that is entirely up to you. Pricing and logistics are up to you. Keep the profits or donate them – up to you. The spirit and intent of this event is to pass on gently-used outdoor, weather, and specialty gear to the next age group who needs them.
EC and Grades parents, grandparents, family, friends of DVWS students, and alumni are welcome and encouraged to join us. This event is not open to the public. This is not garage, yard or rummage sale and is not intended for general items or everyday clothing.
WHERE: Da Vinci Waldorf School 150 Bonner Road, Wauconda (in the back yard)
WHEN: Friday, May 11 (with a rain date of Monday, May 14) immediately after school 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. or until everyone is finished swapping
Please RSVP for this event so we can gauge interest. Thank you.
Types of items we will be swapping:
- Rain Gear (suits, pants, coats, hats, boots)
- Snow Gear (pants, coats, hats, gloves, scarves, boots, gloves, mittens)
- Sun Gear (sun hats, life jackets, swimwear)
- Hiking and Camping Gear – (boots, hiking socks, long underwear, snowshoes, hiking poles, sleeping bags, tents, camping games)
- Special Occasion Wear – for musicals, recitals, pageants, etc. (black pants, black skirts, black dress shoes, white shirts, white blouses, ties, belts, etc.)
- Shoes (gym shoes, indoor shoes, etc.)
A few guidelines:
- If you arrive before 3:30 p.m. to set up, please go around (not through) the school building.
- Children are welcome to play on the playground during the swap. Parents are responsible for supervision.
- Display gear by size.
- Gear should be new or gently used.
- Bring your own tables and displays, as needed.
- If selling your gear, make sure to bring change; the school will not be able to provide or make change.
Donate your extras after the event, if you wish. Jen Nichols has kindly offered to take and donate any leftovers from the swap.
Don’t forget to RSVP for this event so we can gauge interest. Thank you!