We came together as a community on Thursday to watch the grade school children as they presented bits and pieces of all they are learning in school.
- The first and second graders presented a poem on the treasures of the sea, while demonstrating their eurythmy skills.
- The third graders showed off their growing math prowess, while proving to us how far they’ve progressed in gross and fine motor skills and coordination.
- The fourth and fifth graders presented a small section of their class play “The Epic of Gilgamesh,” a confluence of their developing skills in dramatic presentation with their historical studies.
- The six, seventh and eight graders performed Vivaldi’s “The Four Seasons” via a four-part recorder arrangement, an exercise in both musicianship and their growing capacity for mathematics.
- The eight graders recited “The True Peace,” a work that culminates their recent study of oppressed peoples and represents their optimism for the future as they prepare to enter a larger world.
The presentations were delightful, impressive, and inspiring! The heart of the community was the unspoken and unrecognized star of the show, as we all gathered together to celebrate our kids, and witness their milestones and achievements. A heart-felt thank you to each and every one of you who was able to join us.